Signs Of Jealousy
Signs Of Jealousy And How To Overcome Them
In both personal and professional relationships, it is helpful to be able to recognize signs of jealousy. One of the biggest problems that couples face in a relationship is jealousy, sometimes for no reason at all. The actual causes of being suspicious towards a partner may vary in reasons from being hurt before by being cheated on or lied to or quite often, the person who is jealous is the person who is actually being untrustworthy.
Some people have a partner with wandering eyes or a colored history of affairs and flings which can lead to these fearful individuals being insecure. Other people may have to deal with their partner constantly talking about or comparing them to their ex or even flirting with others right in front of them. People that have a low self-esteem often portray signs of jealousy as they typically feel that they aren't good enough or attractive enough for their mate.
While it is considered acceptable to feel a small tinge of envy or jealousy periodically, doubting a partner's honesty or blindly suspecting them of betrayal can lead to domineering and possessive traits. This typically turns into suffocating, destructive and even harmful relationships.
Signs That You Are Jealous
- You go through your partner's phone or email while they are out of the room.
- You start to follow them to check-up and see if they are wherever they said that they would be.
- You go through their personal belongings such as pockets, purses or the glove compartment in their vehicle.
- You spend all day trying to crack their Facebook password.
- You feel suspicious every time they speak to someone of the opposite sex.
- You assume that they are attracted to everyone that walks by.
- You call their friends to check their stories.
- You feel insecure when they speak about someone else.
- You constantly feel scared that you are going to lose them.
- You accuse them of things just to see if they will admit to anything dishonest.
- You feel accomplished if you catch them in a lie.
- You check up on them at work.
If you are demonstrating signs of jealousy, there are a few things that you can do to work on how you feel about yourself which could ultimately have an impact on what you think of your partner.
- Improve Your Self-Image – It is important to examine how you view yourself. If you constantly see someone unattractive when you look in the mirror, you could assume that your partner is feeling the same way. Sometimes even a little exercise like a daily walk or yoga session can not only make you look better but also feel better from the inside out. It is important to change the image that you see in your mind, not necessarily the actual one that is in the mirror.
- Build Your Self-Esteem – If you are showing signs of jealousy, you may need to simply work on your self-esteem. If you feel inadequate or unworthy, you will continue to be insecure which can ultimately cause huge issues with your relationship.
- Control Your Emotions – It is important to evaluate if your jealousy is even justified. Just because your partner from 10 years ago was unfaithful does not mean that this one is the same way just because they were a few minutes late getting home. It takes courage to control anger rather than just lash out but if you stop and look at the big picture, it could save you both a lot of frustration.
- Value Your Relationship – If you are fortunate enough to be in a relationship with someone special, value and enjoy it. There is always a possibility of a partner cheating on your but obsessing over it will not stop it from happening if it is meant to be.