Poultry Seasoning Ingredients
A Guide to Poultry Seasoning Ingredients
The great thing about poultry seasoning ingredients is that based on the brand or even homemade recipe, this could be a wide variety of spices and herbs. Poultry seasoning is yes, used to season chicken and turkey but this type of seasoning is actually more versatile. In fact, some types of poultry seasoning can be used to season pork, red meat, and even vegetables.
When looking for seasoning, it is important to pay attention to the poultry seasoning ingredients in that some people do not like certain things or may even have a food allergy to some. In this case, if you cannot find seasoning that you like, you can always go online and use the power of the internet to come up with as many homemade recipes for seasoning. However, if you are a creative person in the kitchen, you could make your own product by using the kind of poultry seasoning ingredients that you prefer.
We wanted to provide you with some information pertaining to poultry seasoning ingredients of popular brands opposed to poultry seasoning ingredients that you could put together from recipes found online so you can see the variances.
- Lawry – Poultry seasoning ingredients for Lawry’s includes thyme, sage, marjoram, rosemary, black pepper, and nutmeg
- McCormick – For this brand, seasoning is made from sea salt, modified food starch, black pepper, paprika, rosemary, thyme, parsley, celery seed, red pepper, sugar, onion, cottonseed and/or soybean oil, red bell peppers, phosphate, natural flavoring, maltodextrin, , maltodextrin, yeast extract, and riboflavin
- Frontier – For this company, poultry seasoning ingredients include sage, thyme, marjoram, black pepper, celery seed, cayenne pepper, and dehydrated onion
- Emeril – Used for dry seasoning or a rub on chicken and turkey, this product contains sage, thyme, onion, marjoram, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and celery seed
In addition to poultry seasoning ingredients found in store bought products, as mentioned, you can also make your own recipes. The following are just a few seasoning combinations that can turn ordinary chicken or turkey into a magnificent and unforgettable meal.
- Sage, thyme, black pepper, marjoram, cloves
- Marjoram, savory, parsley, sage, thyme, rosemary, onion powder
- Parsley, sage, rosemary, marjoram, salt black pepper, onion powder
- Rosemary, sage, thyme, marjoram, celery seed, peppercorns
- Salt, black pepper, garlic salt, bay leaves, paprika, dry mustard, sugar
- White pepper, thyme, marjoram, savory, ginger, allspice, nutmeg (for diabetics)
Remember that you can change the flavor or any homemade recipe by switching up the amount of poultry seasoning ingredients. In fact, you can change flavor by using dry versus fresh spices and herbs. Then, regardless of the ingredients used, once blended, it is important to keep them stored in an airtight container so you can enjoy them for months.
Be brave and experiment, using a variety of different poultry seasoning ingredients until you find the exact mouth-watering flavor you love most. Some of the other herbs and spices that you might consider trying include: