Mice Poison



Important Information on Mice Poison

If you have mice in your house you may be thinking about getting some mice poison to help you get rid of them.  Many people will use this poison because it tends to look like food to the mouse.  After all, that is what they are looking for and that is why they are in your home.  There are a few different kinds of mice poison that you can consider if you are going to use it.  This article will look at each one and explain them in a little more detail.

Mice poison can be found in a water form or in the form of food.  It can either be fast acting and kill the mouse in a few hours or in a few days or it can be slow acting and take approximately one week to work.  Naturally, most people tend to use the type that will work within a few days.   Using this type only requires a very small amount of the poison to be used.  This ultimately decreases the amount of poison that you need to leave out around the house.

Very very small amounts of mice poison is said to be unharmful to humans and pets.  However, you should always take the steps necessary to keep this poison away from people and house pets.  If you have a box of it that you need to store, you are going to want to keep it out of reach of small children and you are not going to want to place it somewhere that a dog or cat will be able to get into it.

When you place the poison out for your furry creatures select a location that is going to be out of traffic areas of humans and pets.  This is especially true if you have small children that may be on the floor or who are always putting things in their mouth.  You never want to take the change of a child ingesting mice poison.  You may be able to find poison that is in small sealed boxes that you simply leave out.  This will keep small pellets from being on the floor.  You may not want to use the liquid type either if your child is going to mistake it for something they can drink.

If you know where your mice are entering your home you may want to place the poison in that location.  You may want to leave it directly outside your home at the opening where they are entering.  This would keep it out of your home all together.  Another option is to leave it in a cabinet somewhere and then put a child safety lock on this cabinet.  That is going to keep children and animals out of it as well.  However, you will still want to keep an eye on your children and pets to make sure they do not find a way in.

Mice poison does not always work the first time.  If you continue to have problems and you are not sure how to get rid of your little friends you may need to call for backup.  You can always contact an exterminator to help you get rid of them.  This may be the best solution for you in the first place if you are concerned about the poison being ingested by a child or a pet.  They may also be able to tell you how to safeguard your family and pets from this happening.  No one likes mice running free in their homes.  Talk to a professional to find the fastest and safest way to get rid of them. You will be glad that you did when they are gone.