Best Way To Advertise
Top 10 Best Ways To Advertise Your Online Business
Are you looking for the best ways to advertise your online business that will offer you maximum exposure without spending any out of pocket cash? Chances are, if you have a smaller business, television and even magazine ads are far too costly and there is never a guarantee that they will reach the right audience anyway. While you can spend a considerable amount of money on some type of internet campaign, some of the best ways to advertise your online business are completely free. Below are the top 10 methods to consider.
- URL Placement – It is easy and important to add your company's URL to everything. It should be on your business cards, letterhead and even on the door to your building. You can also use your business URL in your signature for emails and add it to every piece of print including direct mail, fliers, brochures and phone books.
- Blog – One of the best ways to advertise your business whether it is online or not, is a personal blog. This is a collection of loosely-formatted thoughts, essays or short articles about your business or product. Blogs encourage comments which are ideal for feedback and repeat visits.
- Search Engine Optimization – Always take advantage of placing keywords into your page's HTML <META> tags. These keywords should also be repeated on your website's homepage somewhere in the text.
- Email Lists – Take the time to use information you may already have. Create an email list of your customers and send them special offers, coupons and new product announcements.
Free Samples – Everyone enjoys a free sample of a product or service so they can be sure that it is something that they want to purchase. You can register your giveaways with a clearinghouse for various free products. Always require that the customer provide their email address if they get something for free so they can be added to your personal email list to receive special updates and offers.
- Submit Your Site – Another one of the very best ways to advertise your business is to make sure that your website is submitted to every directory, industry organization, special listing and yellow pages. Regardless of what type of business you have, there are sure to be more online directories than you are probably aware of.
- Online Communities – It does not matter what topic your business falls under, chances are, there are thousands or even millions of people interested in it and even discussing it in an online community somewhere. When you genuinely contribute to these discussions, you have the opportunity to share your knowledge and your website. Never join and simply pollute the forums with your information. You need to participate in discussions to build trust that you're not just there to advertise, even if you are.
- Publish Reports – By publishing reports about your business, you provide free information to potential customers. You may even want to start a discussion forum on your website that the reports can link to. This shows customers that you really do care about their opinion.
- Free Classifieds – There are plenty of services such as Yahoo!Classifieds where you can post free ads for your services or products. You can even post sweepstakes or free samples for your products there.
- Customer Service – There is no better advertising than word of mouth. Excellent customer service will ensure that news about your business spreads. Always make sure your customers are well taken care of and you may even want to consider giving away small free gifts for those who refer new customers to you.